The main activities of CoCom include executing relevant parts of PIANC’s Strategic Plan; expanding the membership of PIANC by involving countries including those without QM status or National Sections in the Association; promoting PIANC’s presence in Countries in Transition;
- create effective tools and methods to disseminate and communicate information among countries without full National Sections;
- guide and assist in organising the quadrennial PIANC-COPEDEC Conference;
- organising regional seminars and workshops;
- organising regional programmes or other low-cost activities;
- developing new tools for knowledge transfer;
- developing networks with authorities and institutes in the countries or regions concerned;
- closely co-operating, whenever possible, with CoCom’s counterparts in Sister Organisations and seeking outside funds in support of its activities.