In the first part you will find general information that applies to all our processing activities. In the second part, information is provided regarding specific processing activities. If you would like to download this document, click here.
PART I: GENERAL INFORMATION APPLYING TO ALL PROCESSING ACTIVITIES
Who is the controller for the processing of your personal data?
PIANC, a non-profit organisation, that has its registered office at 1000 Brussels, Boulevard du Roi Albert II 20, 11th floor, box 3, telephone number: +32 2 553 71 58, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and enrolled with the register of legal entities under the number 0429.863.418 (“PIANC”) is the controller.
Recipients of your personal data
PIANC may disclose your personal data to its employees who need it for carrying out their duties, to subcontractors who process personal data on behalf of PIANC (processors), or to judicial authorities if this is required to comply with a legal obligation.
Provided that you have given your consent to do so, we may disclose your personal data to other PIANC members via the membership directory.
Transfer to countries outside the European Union
In some cases, we may disclose your personal data to recipients located outside the European Union. In those cases, we provide adequate protection of your personal data by either concluding an agreement with such recipients or by working with recipients who are certified or who are located in third countries approved by the European Commission. If you would like more information, then please can contact us.
Your rights as a data subject
To the extent permitted by and according to the modalities of the applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- The right of access to your personal data. This allows you to verify the information about you that is being processed.
- The right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data.
- The right to obtain the erasure of your personal data (‘the right to be forgotten’). This means that your personal data is permanently deleted. We are not always obliged to comply with such a request as this right only applies in the case, and to the extent provided for by the General Data Protection Regulation (Article 17).
- The right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data. This means that you can limit the processing activities for which your personal data is used. We are not always obliged to comply with such a request, as this right only applies if, and to the extent provided for by the General Data Protection Regulation (Article 18).
- The right to data portability. This right allows you to easily move, copy or forward your personal data from one controller to another controller. This right can only be exercised for processing activities that are based on your consent or on the performance of a contract that PIANC has concluded with you.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that is based on PIANC’s legitimate interest.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time when your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent. If you withdraw your consent, this does not affect the legitimacy of the personal data processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
If you are a member, then you can access or correct your personal data via https://pianc.axoclub.be/edesk. You can also exercise one of these rights by addressing a request in this respect to email@example.com.
Lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority
You can always lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority. The contact details of the Belgian supervisory authority are as follows:
Data Protection Authority
Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
PART II: INFORMATION REGARDING SPECIFIC PROCESSING ACTIVITIES
What are the purposes and the legal basis of the processing?
PIANC lawfully processes your personal data for specific purposes, which means that PIANC has a lawful justification for each of its processing activities. Irrespective of the situation, PIANC processes your personal data for the following two purposes:
- Handling (members’) complaints and the management of legal disputes. This processing activity is based on PIANC’s legitimate interest to exercise its rights and safeguard its interests, especially when this is necessary to initiate, substantiate, or exercise a claim.
- The detection, prevention and combating of fraud and abuse. This processing activity is based on PIANC’s legitimate interest. Decreasing fraud not only benefits PIANC, but also PIANC’s customers and members.
Additional processing activities depend upon your relationship with PIANC:
You are a PIANC member
If you become a PIANC member via pianc.org (and not via a national section’s website), then your personal data will be processed:
- for member administration and management on the basis of the execution of PIANC’s agreement with you. PIANC catalogues members in its database based on the sector in which they work (this has no consequences for you). Without your personal data, PIANC cannot complete your registration you as a PIANC member.
- on the basis of PIANC’s legitimate interest to send you commercial information or PIANC’s newsletter so PIANC can inform you about its activities. You can object at any time.
Your personal data will be deleted three years after your membership ends.
You are a visitor of the website www.pianc.org
When you visit PIANC’s website, your personal data will be processed for different purposes depending on the situation:
- to reply to your question or request for information because this is necessary to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract. Your personal data will be retained for 3 year.
- on the basis of your consent to send you commercial information or PIANC’s newsletter. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Your personal data will be retained for 3 year.
- on the basis of PIANC’s legitimate interest in research and development for analysing and improving the use and operation of the website. Research and development can lead to improvement and innovation, which benefits you (as you receive a better website that is more tailored to your wishes) and the community in general (safety). Your personal data will be retained for 3 year.
- if you have ordered a product via our webshop, then PIANC will process your personal data for customer management and administration, on the basis of the performance of the contract that PIANC has concluded with you. Without your personal data, PIANC will not be able to execute its contract. Your personal data will be retained for 10 years after your last purchase.
PIANC retains personal data collected via cookies for a period of 2 year.
You are applying for a job
If you apply for a job at PIANC, then PIANC will process your personal data as an applicant:
- for the management and evaluation of your application on the basis of your precontractual relationship with PIANC;
- to keep a list with potential candidates for future vacancies on the basis of PIANC’s legitimate interest. This allows PIANC to contact you in the future for new vacancies.
The provision of your personal data is necessary to allow PIANC to assess your application and, if applicable, send you a job offer.
PIANC retains your personal data for a period of maximum 10 years after your last application.
You are a supplier
If you supply products or services to PIANC, then PIANC processes your personal data for supply management, based on the performance of a contract that PIANC has concluded with you. Without your personal data, PIANC will not be able to execute its contract.
Your personal data will be retained for 10 year.